With winter on the way, what better way to keep warm than to dance to the hits of the 80s and 90s?!
On Friday the 6th of December, Ice Skating Poseidon will host a Friday night Disco with an 80s and 90s theme, with special lighting effects and lasers to create a party atmosphere.
We meet in ASP auditorium at 18:00 and we can all catch the Metro together.
OR we can meet on the ice!!!!
Adults - entrance + skate hire = 9€
Adults - entrance without
Skate hire = 5€
Don't forget an identity card for hiring skates. No visa or Mastercard accepted!
How to get there by public transportation: Metro, line 1, direction “Stokkel”, stop Tomberg ( exit Poseidon).
Event on Facebook
Be Active and Wellness EPSA Sub-Committee
The Solidarity Sub-committee of the European Parliament has a special project for Christmas, but needs the help of all of you to make it more special!
We want to make the children from orphanage 'Maison des Enfants Clair Matin' here in Brussels happier this Christmas and to offer them a smile when opening a present on Christmas Eve .
Any help and donation is much appreciated. The children lack most of the things that a normal child would have: toys (in particular), food, chocolate, sweets, clothes, fruits. Most of them also need school appliances (pens, markers, coloured pencils, notebooks etc.).
You can bring everything you want to offer them to the office of any of us. We will bring the present personally to the orphanage. Anybody that wants to help us wrap the presents or join us when we deliver the presents is much welcomed. We want to collect the sweets/gifts until 6 December to have time to prepare the presents.
Aida, Klaus, Alina, Lydia, Peter and Aisling
Picture: Allie Towers Rice, Flickr
The HotNights team (www.brusselshotnights.com) are heating up this winter with the next edition of their popular party held once a month at Autoworld Brasserie at the marvelous Parc du Cinquantenaire.
Join them on the 7th December to celebrate the festive season in style!
Doors open: 22h30
Dress Code: Smart Casual with a Xmas touch
DJ Elias (HotNights, BarMardi, Kosmos) will play all your favourite hits and more all night long!
SPECIAL DEAL FOR EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT STAGIAIRES: 5€ entrance all night long by showing your badge (everybody will have to pay 10€ after midnight, but we only 5€) and 4+1 deal on beers (pay 4 (3€ each) and get 1 more for free).
*BUBBLES TO BE WON ALL NIGHT LONG*
All you have to do is to register with us on the night!
Free Parking all Night! (Entrance via Avenue des Gaulois 1)
Public Transport: Stop "Merode"
Metro: Lines 1 & 5
Busses: 22, 27, 61, 80 & Noctis N06
See you there!
Event on Facebook
This time we want to draw your attention to the organisation of a workshop on CV writing next week!
Tuesday November 19th, at 17.30.
CV workshop: peer review and exchange of tips from a country-orientated perspective
· Planning to apply to work in another country or to a business whose roots are from a country
different to your own?
· Did you know that there are different rules of thumb/standards for CVs depending on the country for
which you are applying to?
· Come to our workshop which aims to help break down these barriers and enable us all to apply to
companies using the right CV formats! This way, you can not only demonstrate your language skills but also that you can adapt to the cultural specificities of each country!
This workshop will be the occasion to exchange tips, ask advice from your fellow trainees or just get inspiration from them to make your CV more attractive!!!
If you wish to attend this event, please send us your CV by the end of this week (either to
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com). If you wish our CV to be anonymous, you can change/hide name and contact info and let us know that you wish to remain anonymous.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact one of the coordinators for this event (Clare Fenwick, Peter Mason or Stephanie Brochard).
On the last weekend of November, JCI the heart is Europe is organizing two events to tackle youth
Paris, "la ville lumière", is sometimes described as the most beautiful city in the world (with the less friendly inhabitants!!!). You have to check that out during our EPSA week-end there! With the help of "Parisian insiders", you may discover the two sides of the most visited city in the world:
- The touristic side, the one everybody can discover, by walking from La Tour Eiffel to Notre Dame, crossing les Champs Élysées to take the metro for "une pause café" (coffee break) near the Sacré Cœur, and
- the one you only know once you lived in Paris, the places where the locals spend their time and where you will discover the true Parisian spirit (having a drink in the Coolin, buying some biological vegetables in the "Marché des Enfants Rouges", shopping "chez Colette" or eating at the Bouillon Chartier).
- We shall also go to the Chateau de Versailles for half a day.
From Friday 17th January in the afternoon (short Friday) to Sunday 19th January 2014 in the evening.
The expenses include:
So, register as soon as possible, the number of places is limited (stating your NAME, SURNAME, AGE*, EMAIL and TEL.NR) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28th November 12:00 (but the sooner the better)
*to get the most interesting prices for transport (in order to know who is more than 26).
•There are only 35 places.
• Registration will be done by email. Don't forget that your registration will be complete once you
have paid the fees [concrete details will be given to those of you who send an email to register].
• Once your registration is complete, you will receive a more detailed program including suggestion of restaurants, nightclubs, (affordable) bars, shops, i.e. places you should see to enjoy "la vie parisienne".
QUESTIONS/SUGGESTIONS: if you
have any suggestions of places you know, that you would like to discover, don't
hesitate to send me an email. email@example.com
Link to the Facebook event
Dear people, be prepared for the next weekend’s International mix! What’s that? It’s a weekend which EPSA together with the EC Stage Committee has prepared for you:
Saturday, 9th November
- National Pride Party!!! Our first common party with EC trainees this year! It will take place at Café Barrio (Rue de la Chapelle 6) and will start at 22:00 until late. Theme: National Pride. Come to the party and show everyone where you are from! Dress up with traditional outfits, wear your national colors, or simply come with some national accessories.
Sunday, 10th November
- International recovery: Because it takes time to get to know each other and chat long enough, and because we’ll need a coffee after this awesome night, we plan to meet at Café Belga (Flagey) at 16:00.
For more info, please check your emails 4th November or ask firstname.lastname@example.org
Link to a Facebook event
We hope to see you all there!
The EPSA board - Adrien, Anna, Bernardo, Clare and Stephanie
EC Stage Committee - Anita, Cindy, David, Katja and Maxime
EPSA News & Events
Check the European Parliament Stagiaires Association News & Events here!
Photo © European Union 2012, © Architecte: AEL